The Daily Grind – A mini-post update
For the past three and a half months, my life has consisted of diaper changes, failed attempts at normal hygiene and lots and lots of baby cheek kisses. Edison is the best thing ever. His little heart and hands and smile fills our home with so much joy.
So now, as I settled into my new daily grind back at work, I just wanted to update everyone on us and what’s going on with us. I’ve had a lot of folks asking, “did you quit PPM? is Edison in daycare? what about Haiti?”
- We are currently both still working from home in Cave City. I am excited that Edison can stay at home with us, as I’ve pulled back just a hair on my hours “in the office.”
- My job is shifting, as I focus on more aspects within our fundraising efforts within PPM. I’m excited about this and how it relates to caring for our staff and our ministry overall.
- We are still working with PPM in our normal capacity and working in Haiti. It’s just that now, we are towing our little guy along with us.
- Yep, Edison is going with us to Haiti. We know it will be a change for us, since we are normally on our own in Haiti.. but that’s a part of having a kid, right? Your life changes. And we are excited.
- Edison is doing well, growing like crazy (17 lbs now!) and is such a joy.
I’m excited for some new things coming along this year for me, with a new collective blog I’ll be a part of (more to come on that later) and some book progress that is coming up!
In short, I am feeling like 2015 is off to a great start and I’m thankful for all the support we’ve had over the past few months, being a little off the grid with a newborn in the home.
Here we go 2015!